Monday, November 7

Ilocandia Adventures - (Part 2 - Pagudpud)

PAGUDPUD

Pagudpud is a fourth class municipality and a coastal resort town of Ilocos Norte province, in the northern Ilocos Region of the Philippines. It is the countryside tour I recommend you do while you're in Ilocos Norte.

How I got there:

I have researched to take a bus or van bound for Claveria Cagayan, as it will pass by the town of Pagudpud, which is the last town before reaching Claveria Cagayan. Travel time is 1.5-2 hours. Fare is about Php70 (as of this writing; may change the without prior notice). Tell the driver/conductor to drop you off at Baduang Market. The bus that we rode though was for Pagudpud not for Claveria Cagayan but we still asked to be dropped off Baduang Market still.

Where I stayed:

Our tricycle guide/driver brought us to Northridge Beach Resort as we have not booked in advance because we originally plan on not staying overnight at Pagudpud. The room was fair and it was Php1000 good for two people. It was located at Saud beach so it was a good location. We were able to walk by the shore and was even able to visit the different resorts there though most of them were closed early in the morning.

For a list of accommodations, please check this page.

The things I did and the places I went to:

From a blog, I was able to get in contact with Kuya Rene at 09208532047 (his number may have changed) for the tour. The tour is actually separated per package where South Pagudpud tour and North Pagudpud tour costs Php600 each. The easiest way to go visiting the tourist spots in Pagudpud and the surrounding towns is through a trike/tricycle tour. The locations are really far away from each other. If you are on a big group, I recommend you rent a van. We took both the North and South tour from our guide which would amount to Php1,200. Because my travel buddy was sick, we opt not to go to Kabigan Falls as we have to walk there for like 30 minutes and so Kuya Rene offered the tour to us for Php1,000.

Here are some of the places we went to:

Cape Bojeador Lighthouse

Kapurpurawan Rock Formation

Bangui Windfarm and Windmills

Patapat Viaduct

Blue Lagoon

Maira-ira Beach Resort

Patapat Viaduct

Agua Grande Park

Mama Mary's Grotto - Paraiso ni Anton

Overlooking the Blue Lagoon

Hannah's Resort at the Blue Lagoon

A cottage at the Blue Lagoon

Cape Bojeador Lighthouse

Kapurpurawan Rock Formation

Bangui Windmills

What I want you to know:

  1. Bring change cash with you as this is a typical Philippine town that ATMs are not readily available.
  2. I got some stomachache during my stay there but there were no drugstores near and towns close very early in provinces so be ready with your medicine kit for your trip. No worries, I survived that night of stomach cramps. 

Please check out the next entry for my last stop, Vigan City! 

Click here for my Laoag City adventure.

No comments: