Thursday, August 18

My 6 Helpful Apps for Travel


Since I began researching for travel, I wanted to have access to things I really need that can help me with my trip. These are the 6 apps I found helpful when it comes to my travels.

  1. Grab -There are places in my country that Uber is not yet available that is why there is the alternative which is Grab. It can't only not allow you to book a taxi but it will give you the option to grab a car or motorcycle as well as other services.
  2. Here - This is a very helpful map application as it is developed to work very well offline. It can allow you to download maps offline whether it be a city or the entire country which is detailed and it supports voice navigation while in offline mode.
  1. Airbnb - When it comes to a place to stay, nothing beats feeling homey and having the place to yourself. As soon as I found out about Airbnb, I don't stay at hotels anymore. This is a perfect app for introverts as we aren’t super interested in all of that socialization — so staying in a private Airbnb is a great solution.
  1. Spotify - Of course, what is life without music? Spotify allows you to browse music from all types of genres and you can create a playlist. The premium version is best as it allows you to store music offline for a limited number of days. This will be perfect for relaxation and of course tuning out the world if you need to.
  1. Google Translate - This is a free multilingual statistical machine translation service provided by Google to translate text, speech, images, sites, or real-time video from one language into another. This is very helpful  especially when traveling to places where English is less spoken by the natives.
  2. Trip Advisor - This is a travel website providing reviews of hotels, attractions and restaurants in places of interests around the world which are provided by travelers around the world. I use this to check cheap accommodations, for things to do and visit based on travelers' review. 

So far, these are the apps I go with. There could be more that could cater to your needs. I may encounter more and I will be updating as soon as I have found additional helpful travel apps. Please feel free to recommend me some apps too.

No comments: