Saturday, June 11

Summoning the Reserved Nomad


Being an introvert makes travelling quite a challenge especially when travelling alone. I would like to meet new friends and meet people of different cultures but being an introvert, this is a difficult task. I can say that I am both an extrovert and an introvert but more of the latter; say 40% outie and 60% innie. It can be hard at times to start up a conversation or keep it engaging and not boring if you have started one. I don't really like doing small talks and not really into crowded places which is why meeting new people could be equivalent to being lucky for me.

I've been wanting to see the world for a long time but I have a few things to consider before going on a trip. First thing is work as I need to apply for vacation leaves;  second is budget because I do live by meager wages and third is if it is doable. Maybe add travel buddies (one that I am close to and comfortable being around) in there too as I usually am the one who gets assigned to plan.

Traveling solo is a new thing for me, for a fact that I am not comfortable with people I do not know however it changed my perspective when I had the chance to experience it. I was able to make new friends and I had the guts to be with a crowd.



I thought traveling can only be a dream for me. I am salaried worker that earns just about enough to meet monthly bills and food budget. I'm thankful that I'm working in a company that's compensating me to pay for monthly basic necessities with a little extra. Just a little extra. Traveling  is great as the memories will last a life time and the experience that you get is priceless.

Some people say that unplanned trips are more fun but I can only recommend that if you are adventurous and if it is of your convenience. You need to plan your trip ahead of time if you wanted to know your budget, itineraries and and backup plans you may have. For me, I prefer having an alternate route rather that not knowing where to go and what to do. It could be a time-waster.

My first ever trip out-of-town (as well as my first airplane experience)  was a trip to Baguio City. I didn't have trouble or had a hard time as it was my companion who planned it all. The second and third trips taught me that you should have an itinerary. They weren't an out of the country trip (we just went to Manila and Boracay) and they weren't disastrous but they could have been better.  Through these experiences, I learned lessons. And this is just the beginning. I can't wait to explore my country more and visit other countries as well.

No comments: